Rise as One India 2017
With the first Rise as One project we have partnered with the Bodhicitta Foundation to provide education and job skills and to establish a "Girl's Home" for vulnerable girls and women in Nagpur, India to help them escape child marriage, poverty and to become change-makers in their communities
NOW IS THE TIME TO INSPIRE CHANGE AROUND THE WORLD
This project is aimed at providing job skills and education for girls and women, so they can stand with pride and dignity.
Statistics show that:
- if an adolescent girls gets one more year of education at high school, her earning capacity goes up 20%.
- women do 65% of the world’s work, and own 10% of the Earth’s land.
- 38,000 girls around the world get married everyday under age 18.
Together, we can hold a space for girls and women around the world to be educated, skilled and to feel safe so they can stand on their own two feet with pride and dignity. That way, they give themselves permission to DREAM again, and potentially to bring their big dreams to life.
WHAT DOES THE FUNDRAISING FOR THIS PROJECT GO TO?
- Creating a permanent community building centre to house education and job skills (money has already been raised to purchase land)
- Putting the young women from the womens support centre, mostly 15 to 25 years old through their Tafe studies. (being able to get employment through education is one of the most important things to break the cycle of child marriage and poverty)
- Scholarships for children in the slums who show passion and skill in their areas on interest.
With the first Rise as One project we have selected 6 people to join heart and forces with our partnered with the Bodhicitta Foundation to provide education and job skills and to establish a "Girl's Home" for vulnerable girls and women in Nagpur, India to help them escape child marriage, poverty and to become change-makers in their communities
I believe that everything in life is a mirror for us. So when we take responsibility for what is in our reality, we realize we hold the power to create whatever it is we want.
Yoga impacts change in the world because the internal force that is awakened in the individual in this practice to grow, evolve, and heal, extends far beyond the boundaries of that persons skin.
I believe World Peace requires us, one by one to go inward. Yoga is a gateway to the portal of self-love and to loving all others and the planet. A heart space from which conscious decisions aligned to the highest good.
To me Yoga a system that, if followed with commitment and discipline actually leads to the cultivation of peace or contentment and a true understanding of love.
I see yoga as such a valuable tool for change in the world. Yoga has such a long running history of folding people into the wisdom of our own bodies and a way to take responsibility for our own actions, thoughts and lives.
Yoga can empower people to create a brighter future for themselves and their communities. In our own local communities, in schools, in prisons, and in underdeveloped countries, yoga is a powerful instrument of change.